As an attorney with two masters degree and a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, Lisa Blue PhD., J.D., is one of the most nationally recognized and most influential trial lawyers in America. She has earned over $350 million in winning verdicts and millions more in settlements for her clients, including one of the largest mesothelioma verdicts in the state of Texas ($55 million) and was a member of the trial team in a Texas Vioxx case that resulted in a $253 million verdict.
As a partner with her late husband, Fred Baron, she helped build Baron and Budd into one of the largest environmental law firms in the country. In addition to her impressive legal practice, she maintains a private consultancy as a forensic psychologist and is a nationally renowned expert in jury selection. As a licensed psychologist with a creative mind, she brings her own unique style, skills and magic into any courtroom. She has written five books and numerous articles on jury selection and communication, and has served as a commentator on Court TV on high profile trials.
Lisa has been named as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America, one of the Top 50 Women Litigators in the United States, Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, as well as receiving the Honorary Barrister Award from the University of Texas Law School and the Distinguished Alumni Award from South Texas College of Law. Lisa was named Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2006 by the Dallas Bar Association, Top 50: Women Texas Super Lawyer, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer); Top 100: Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyer, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer); and Top 100: Texas Super Lawyers Top List, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer). In 2007, she received the Louise Raggio Women’s Legal Advocate Award from Legal Aid of Northwest Texas and was awarded the Ronald D. Secrest Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award from the Texas Bar Foundation in 2008. Lisa was honored to accept the 2009 Rayburn Johnson Award posthumously on behalf of her husband, Fred Baron. In July, 2009 she received Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s “Know Your Power” Award.
In addition to her professional and political activities, Lisa has also studied languages for many years and has become fluent in French, Spanish and Italian. Her hobbies include yoga, reading, meditation and travel. She is a widow, single mother of five children and an active philanthropist.
- Best Lawyers in America (2021)
- Public Justice Trial Lawyer of the Year (2020)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 (President, 2020)
- National Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame Inductee (2015)
- American Association for Justice (President, 2013-2014)
- American Association for Justice (Vice President, 2012-2013)
Top 50: Women Texas
- Super Lawyer, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer)
- Top 100: Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyer, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer)
- Top 100: Texas Super Lawyers Top List, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer)
- Baron and Blue Foundation (Co-founder)
Larry Hagman Foundation (President)
- American Bar Association (Task Force on the Judiciary, 1998)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (President, Dallas Chapter, 1995; President, Texas Chapter, 1998-99)
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Dallas Bar Association (Co-chair CLE committee, 1999; Board of Directors, 2000-2002; Legal Legend Award, 2011)
- Dallas Bar Foundation (Board of Trustees, 2000-2002)
- Dallas Psychological Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- French, Spanish and Italian