Bibi Fell founded San Diego’s Fell Law and is one of the founders of Athea Trial Lawyers. As a practitioner who focuses on catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases, Bibi has fulfilled her goal of fighting for individuals rather than corporate interests. At the same time, she is dedicated to bringing up the next generation of successful lawyers. She is involved in multiple efforts to educate young lawyers and law students: Bibi has taught Advanced Trial Advocacy and the University of San Diego School of Law and the ABOTA Trial College at Harvard Law School. She serves as the director of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy Deposition Skills and a co-chair of the Alliance of Woman Trial Lawyers annual conference. Bibi also speaks at numerous legal conventions across the U.S.
Bibi’s skill as an advocate has been shown time and again in the results she has achieved for her clients. She is known for:
- 2018’s top International Torts verdict in California
- 2018’s second-largest Personal Injury verdict in California
- One of 2018’s top 10 verdicts in the U.S.
However, large verdicts are not the only thing Bibi is known for. She has been instrumental in winning cases and setting precedents that have affected how the law is interpreted and applied. Bibi has:
- Succeeded in expanding the application of the Ineffective Assistance of Counsel Doctrine in deportation proceedings. This case, decided by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, is widely cited in scholarly journals
- Expanded the application of strict products liability law in California to cover the sale of diseased live animals
She also served as trial counsel in a four-month-long trial regarding the ownership of four Orange County hospitals.
Her success as an advocate has helped multiple individuals and groups obtain the compensation they need to move forward after being wronged. Throughout the course of her career, Bibi has won:
- $105 million in a medical fraud cause
- $15 million for workers in a wage and hour class action settlement
- $5.3 million in a wrongful death case
- $5 million in a medical malpractice case
- $5 million for a boy who was hit while riding his bicycle
- $1.85 million in a medical malpractice case
- $1.3 million in a drunk driving case
Bibi graduated magna cum laude and shortly thereafter landed a position at what was then the largest law firm in the world. She handled complex business litigation, using her creativity and smarts to prevail in high-stakes cases. During this time, she argued in trial courts, the California Court of Appeals, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. For the last decade, she has focused solely on serving plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- Top 100 Women Lawyers listee in Daily Journal
- CASD Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award recipient, 2019
- Lawdragon Top 500 Plaintiff’s Lawyers
- Pepperdine Trial Lawyers Conference Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2020
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego’s “Trial Lawyer of the Year” finalist in 2018
- SuperLawyers honoree in the Southern California region
- Rising Star Recent Alumni honoree from the University of San Diego School of Law
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member, Trial College Fellow
- Alliance of Women Trial Lawyers, Annual Conference Co-Chair
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Advisory Board Member, Program Director, Faculty
- University of San Diego School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Member
- Justice Headquarters, Advisory Board Member