Traumatic Brain Injuries
Fighting for Brain Injury Victims Nationwide
Injury to the brain can have a profound and permanent impact on victims. When brain injuries result from the negligent or wrongful acts of others, Athea Trial Lawyers helps victims seek justice.
Traumatic brain injuries are more common than most people think. They can be caused by a variety of circumstances, are unpredictable in their consequences, and require a multidisciplinary treatment approach. Our team understands the complexities of litigating brain injury claims, and is prepared to help you and your family fight for the compensation you need now and in the future.
A Proven Trial Practice
Athea Trial Laws is a powerhouse trial practice known for winning serious injury cases. Our attorneys are some of the most respected civil trial lawyers in the country, and are trusted by clients and counsel to handle the toughest cases. That’s because we have:
- Recovered billions in compensation for clients.
- Won record- and precedent-setting verdicts in multiple states.
- Refined our out-of-the-box approach for building winning claims.
- Extensive resources and technology to create powerful narratives.
Our attorneys understand the profound consequences that accompany TBIs, as well as the challenges of presenting them to juries. Because we know how to craft compelling narratives that capture the soul of a case and our clients’ stories, we’re prepared to take on even the toughest claims.
Learn how we can help during a FREE consultation: (800) 664-0161
Brain Injury Types
Traumatic brain injuries are acquired brain injuries, which means they are caused by some type of trauma to the brain. Examples include:
- Trauma caused by falls, motor vehicle collisions, or falling objects on unsafe premises.
- A sudden, powerful force that causes the brain to accelerate and decelerate within the skull, even without direct impact (i.e. explosions or severe whiplash).
- Oxygen deprivation, including anoxia or hypoxia, caused by electric shock / electrocution, drowning, and toxic exposure.
If you or someone you love suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, our attorneys can review your case and how we may be able to help. As with other catastrophic injury cases, we know victims and families whose lives have been upended by brain injuries require sufficient compensation to cover both their past losses and expected future needs.
It’s our goal in every case to help our clients and counsel seek the maximum financial recovery possible. For TBI victims, recoverable damages may include:
- Medical bills and lost income
- Diminished earning capacity / lost future wages
- Neurological therapy and rehabilitation
- Specialized care, accommodations, or medical needs
- Pain and suffering / emotional anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
Billions Recovered for the Seriously Injured
Athea Trial Lawyers has helped victims nationwide recover billion in compensation for serious injuries. Backed by resources and specialized insight, our trial attorneys have extensive experience litigating brain injury claims and educating juries about their often intangible and unpredictable consequences.
Some of our notable TBI results:
- $160.5 million verdict for TBI victims injured by casino security guards.
- $20 million verdict for TBI victims injured in trucking crash
- $17.4 million verdict in multiple vehicle collision caused by truck, resulting in TBI and jar injuries
- $9.9 million settlement over vehicle collision caused by detached truck component resulting in TBI and other injuries
- $4.5 million settlement TBI resulting from vehicle v. motorcycle
- $4 million settlement vehicle v. pedestrian collision in crosswalk result in TBI
Serving Clients & Counsel Nationwide
Athea Trial Lawyers brings together six of the country’s most talented Plaintiffs’ lawyers. We proudly serve victims with serious injury cases across the country and provide support and trial services to counsel in claims that can’t be lost.
If you have questions about a potential brain injury lawsuit and how our team can help, call (800) 664-0161 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
An interventional cardiologist sued a Hospital for defamation for engaging in a peer review process that was financially motivated.
Medical Malpractice, Wrongful Death $268.6M
Our client died at 13 years of age after the physicians caring for her administered too much of the sedation drug Propofol.
Traumatic Brain Injury $160.5M
Defective Hormone Replacement Therapy $134M
Jury verdict for three Nevada women who took Wyeth Pharmaceuticals to trial after they all developed breast cancer from taking defective hormone therapy drugs to alleviate menopausal symptoms.
Medical Fraud Verdict $105M
Robert Young, the father of the Alkaline Diet, and New York Times bestseller, and self-proclaimed doctor, promised to cure cancer with a strict alkaline diet and IV alkaline treatments.
Defective Hormone Therapy $78.7M
Jury verdict for our client that developed breast cancer from her use of post-menopausal hormone therapy drugs.
Wrongful Implant of Pacemaker $67.3M
This case exposed a conspiracy between a pacemaker manufacturer and a corrupt doctor to implant pacemakers and defibrillators into patients who did not need them.
Asbestos Mesothelioma $55.5M
Truck Collision Injuries $36.4M
Amputation of Leg $34.5M
Athea Trial Lawyers is a firm comprised of six of the most accomplished female trial attorneys in the nation. We don’t believe in glass ceilings and we don’t just lean in – we take the lead and WIN.
Friedman | Rubin, PLLP, Bremerton, WA
Mary Alexander & Associates, P.C
The Lanier Law Firm, Houston
Gair Gair Conason
Panish Shea & Boyle LLP
We provide unparalleled legal representation to our clients.
We build a winning case through expert storytelling and experience.
We work with other attorneys to obtain the highest verdicts or settlements at any stage.
We fund, support, mentor and promote female trial attorneys to take lead roles in prominent cases.
We find creative ways to tell your case story with memorable, eye-catching graphics and demonstratives with Slide Girl.
We look beyond the walls of traditional brick and mortar law firms to promote and advance women in our courtrooms.
We create and promote workshops for our peers to craft the perfect approach in trial.
We invest in the future of others to create monumental change.